<$BlogRSDUrl$>

I prefer you to read my blog through Findory.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Beautiful City Billboard Fee

them.ca | BCBF: Rationale & Methods:

The Beautiful City Billboard Fee (BCBF) proposes that the companies investing in billboard advertising be held fully accountable to the public for their access to - and impact on - public space. This initiative would require that an annual permit fee be paid by the operators of third party outdoor advertising over one hundred square feet. Proceeds would be used for commissioning public art to benefit and beautify local communities.

It reminds me the Land Value Tax, which I support, but I think it's quite different... Doesn't you have the right to free expresion in your property?

(Via Elastico).


{ Up }

Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?. Creative Commons License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.